Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Other MODs / Re: Unlock Your Datasette
« Last post by Remzi on July 12, 2021, 10:04:31 PM »
I tried a few BT receivers and also found them unreliable.
Try increasing the volume.It might help.
There might be an interference with another bluetooth device or your wifi router.

http://www.load64.com/up/justage.prg

Run the recorder justage program,if you see spots next to the lines,there is interference.
« Last post by ketsa on July 12, 2021, 07:26:16 PM »
While testing the BT receiver I found the problem : A small droplet of solder lodged between 2 smd capacitors on the receiver.

I can now confirm this connection is working, but loading from tape is very unreliable.

Some games load like 90% of the times, while other never load correctly.
I am testing with .tap files from privat.bahnhof.se, maybe their collection is unreliable ?

Thanks Remzi for answer.

My BLUEtooth datassette is finally working :

:)
« Last post by Remzi on July 12, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »
Capacitor is used for filtering the DC current.I don't think you have damaged anything.
Yout BT receivers power GND and the audio out GND might be isolated.It might stop if shorted.Try continuity test.
Does your phone have a 3.5mm audio jack? Try this mod without the BT receiver and make sure your datasette works.Don't try to run before you can walk  ;)
« Last post by ketsa on July 11, 2021, 02:10:16 PM »

I managed to get good signal from that pin in the photo using a 100nf capacitor.You might also use a 100k resistor instead.

Hello all,

I have this exact same PCB in my datassette, I tried connecting a bluetooth receiver's output  to the "left" (with 100nf cap) and "GND" points mentionned in quoted post.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to work.
I use tapdancer to send the data from my mobile, the bluetooth adapter works fine.
the C64 doesn't find anything when i send data through tapdancer.

Here's a picture of what I did :

1 - At first I forgot the 100nf cap, may I have broke something ?
2 - Does it matter what kind of cap is used ? electrolytic/film/tantalum... etc.
3 - any other idea ?  Do you guys see anything wrong in my setup ?
4 - Anyone else tested this spot labeled "left" connection with success ?

Tape still seems to work but I have no cassette to test it with.
Tapecart SD / Convert PRG to TCRT
« Last post by Remzi on June 25, 2021, 10:07:01 PM »
1.Download Tapecart Bundler.rar and open it to your desktop.
2.Copy your PRG files to the folder called PRG.You need minimum 2 PRG files.You can't convert a single PRG file to TCRT.
3.Double click Runme.bat. It wil create game-Vol#1.tcrt Rename it before moving to your SD card.
1530USB Datasette to PC Adapter / How to listen to tapes
« Last post by Remzi on June 10, 2021, 07:41:37 PM »
These are the steps,if you want to be able to hear the datastream from the datasette.

1.Press Windows Key and R to open RUN window and type mmsys.cpl

Or right click on the speaker icon and select recording devices.

Double click USB microphone,go to Listen tab and tick the Listen to this device box.
Go to playback devices and set your own speakers as default.

With this configuration,you can listen to whatever is coming from the tape.
DO NOT use listen to this device feature if you are going to record a game to tape.You have to disable it.
1530USB Datasette to PC Adapter / How to split TAP files
« Last post by Remzi on June 10, 2021, 07:33:38 PM »
If you have a tape with several games on it,you can back it up,convert it to TAP file and extract the individual games.

Download and install the TAP Manager by Manosoft.

Create a new folder on your desktop and copy the path.

Run the Tap Manager,delete the path on the output directory line and paste your own path.Click on the home button to make it default.

Click on the load file and select your TAP file.Tick the boxes for the games you want to extract.Click on the split file.

« Last post by PDrill on May 19, 2021, 07:26:48 PM »
Hello

In the very first post there is this part 'LINE IN for RECORDING' (This mod is for recording games to cassette tapes.) and this is what I'm after. Just happens that my only Datassette with that board doesn't work, all I have is two of those MODE 1530 boards which can seen on the page 2 in post number 6 (Wakd21).

Now, anyone know where to make the connections to use that kind of Datassette for recording? Almost everything in this thread is about connecting to pins to be able to load games directly from a phone (or some other audio source) but I'm looking to record a tape.
UNO2IEC / Setting up the UNO2IEC
« Last post by Remzi on April 22, 2021, 09:30:26 AM »

Before plugging in the UNO2IEC to your PC,you need to install the USB drivers.

Windows users Download CH341SER.rar

Mac users Click HERE

After installing the USB drivers,plug it in and go to the device manager,

Start device manager
 Open the “Run” dialog box by pressing and holding the Windows key, then press the R key (“Run”).
Type devmgmt.msc.
Click OK .

You will find the CH340 under the Ports,make a not of the COM number,you will need that for the settings.

Download the UNO2IEC Host Program Windows

Download the UNO2IEC Host Program Mac OSX

Select your COM port number from the drop down list.
Set the serial speed to 57600
Select the device number you want to use.
Set Reset Pin 6,Clock Pin 5,ATN Pin 4,Data Pin 3
Choose the folder you want to use.Click OK.
Main -> Directory Listing Theme -> Machine -> You can change it to VIC20 or others

Download file browser for VIC20
Download file browser for C64

Copy the file browser to your shared folder and load it on your Commodore with the command

LOAD"FB.PRG",8

1530USB Datasette to PC Adapter / Re: Setting up the adaptor Version 2
« Last post by Remzi on April 06, 2021, 10:27:28 PM »
Autoload from tape to Winvice

DOWNLOAD this Winvice with the script files.

Press play on the tape deck and double click the autoload.bat

It will run the audio2tap to create a TAP file and stream it to winvice.Do not use the warp function.

Head Alignment Without the Real C64

Put the tape in the datasette and press play.

Find and run the file headalign.bat in that folder.

After the azimuth alignment loads up
go to datasette control and fast forward and
go to datasette control and start

You will see the lines.At this point ALT+W for 1 or 2 seconds to catch up with the real datasette.

Use the screw driver to align the head.Try to make the lines thin and straight as much as possible.

This is not easy,you will have to try a few times.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10