Author Topic: From *.tap to datasette.  (Read 9411 times)

Offline c64ever

• View Profile
From *.tap to datasette.
« on: June 13, 2018, 11:04:23 AM »
Hi everybody

I took one of these usb1530 cables.

Everything was OK to transfer the data to the tap file.

Can I transfer data from file.tap to real tape on datasette 1530? If yes, What utility I have to use?

Thanks.

Offline Remzi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: From *.tap to datasette.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »
You can use the audiotap to record tap files to cassette tapes.

Select "Convert from a TAP file" and click on "to a sound" same as the picture above.
Click OK and choose the TAP file.Press record and play on the datasette.

If you want to record T64,PRG,P00 images,you need to use WAV-PRG program.

Check out Giuseppe's video, (This video is in Italian language and you need to be a member of EDICOLA 8-BIT

https://www.facebook.com/giuseppe.dilillo.39/videos/10214586415846122/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:08:16 PM by Remzi »

Offline c64ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
Hi.

Many thanks  Remzi!
Wow, you made me happy with this info :D !

Offline angelcaio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 11:42:23 AM »
I am trying to pass programs from tape to disk.
Now I use a Datassette and a mobile with TapDancer: a "car tape" inside the datassette and is connected to the headphone output of the phone.
It is great to load the games but when trying to copy to disk with  copy utilities  such as fcopyTapeToDisk, SpectacularCopy, etc. (which work perfectly on winvice) read from the tape and at any given time pause the datassette and start recording the part read on the disk . The problem is that the mobile has no way of knowing this and continues to play (and pausing it by hand does not work as fast as the hand is  ;))

The question is whether I can use 1530USB to record the .tap or .t64 on a tape in the datassette. Then in the real Commodore, using these copy utilities, the datassette could make the corresponding pauses at the end of each section read. Also, since the datassette that will read the file recorded on tape later is the same as the one recorded it, I would have less trouble reading it, I think.
Someone has tried?
sorry for my horrible english

Offline Remzi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »
Yes you can record a game to tape and copy that to floppy disk after.
But that takes very long.

You can write to disks with XU1541,XUM1541 or Zoomfloppy,direct from PC to Floppy Drive.

If you have a SD2IEC or PI1541,you can connect it to your disk drive in series and use a diskcopy program like SDBrowse or Dracopy.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:04:49 PM by Remzi »

Offline angelcaio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 01:47:10 PM »
Yes, you're right, I already read  about ZoomFloppy, but my 1541 is modified to work under SpeedDos and I am not sure that it will be supported (at the part of the C64 there's a switch to enable or disable this and be able to use the cassette) In addition, I just adquire  the C64, the disk drive and the Datassette and I have exceeded the budget.
For now it is enough for me copy from tape as in the eighties although I recognize that it is a bit of a tedious... but it's more authentic. ;)
Is just  to be sure I could copy like this without problems.
I buy one then. Thanks