Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
1530USB Datasette to PC Adapter / Re: Recording difficulties
« Last post by scyllinice on November 30, 2022, 04:16:02 AM »
No need for a refund. I'd rather support your efforts even if it didn't work out for me. It clearly works for others.

I'll keep it around and maybe try a different datasette in the future.
« Last post by Remzi on November 29, 2022, 09:07:39 PM »
If you think adaptor is faulty,please open a dispute case through ebay.
I'm more than happy to give you a full refund.

I think your datasette is either picking up some noise from fridge,freezer or a power tool while recording or it can't do higher baud rates due to bad capacitor or something.
If you have a disk drive,copy a game to tape using Copy 235.
« Last post by scyllinice on November 29, 2022, 03:51:03 PM »
That didn't help. Nothing loads on that tape if I do that unfortunately.

It's time to call it as unsuccessful for me. I hope everyone else has a better overall experience and this is just my problem :)

Edit: Just to confirm that everything should be working just fine, I did the following:

1. Loaded my copy of Excaliba that I got from eBay. It's the commercially recorded tape. It loaded and booted up fine. No issues.
2. I erased the same tape I have been using with a electric tape eraser from Realistic.
3. Using my Eiki tape recorder with the same PC, tape image, and version of Audiotap, I recorded another copy of Impossible Mission. It loaded up fine.

I can't say if it's the adapter, but it's the only thing that isn't consistently working.
« Last post by Remzi on November 29, 2022, 09:34:43 AM »
We can try one more thing.

Go to advanced options on audiotap and change the output frequency to 96000Hz.
Also increase the speaker volume to 90%
« Last post by scyllinice on November 29, 2022, 02:17:28 AM »
Hello,

The commercial tape came in finally. I've adjusted the azimuth as best as I could tell.

The tape loads just fine. However, no novaload recorded tapes with the adapter work still.

I guess it's time to give up on making that work since I've spent way too much time trying different things :).
« Last post by scyllinice on November 17, 2022, 03:36:33 AM »
Unfortunately, the supposed new old stock datasette was no such thing. The seller just thought it was because it was wrapped in plastic in the box. The read/write head is completely dead. Oh well.

I did try a shorter tape (the dead datasette actually had a C10 tape in it), but the same problem occurs with Novaload games.

So I'll be waiting on that commercial tape to get here to adjust the azimuth so I can try again.
« Last post by scyllinice on November 15, 2022, 01:15:32 AM »
I have a bog standard 1530, which is why I didn't expect any hardship. I'll adjust the datasette when the commercial tape arrives.

Additionally, I have a new old stock Data-Master datasette coming in that I'm going to try with your adapter just to see if it will work. For funsies.
« Last post by Remzi on November 14, 2022, 07:02:50 PM »

Do you have a PET style datasette any chance?
These are very rare over here,never had the chance the test it out with the adaptor.
« Last post by scyllinice on November 13, 2022, 09:50:57 PM »
I've got a copy of Excaliba coming my way (cheapest cassette I could find) and I'll see if that changes anything.

Worst case at this point is that I record Novaload games via my external tape deck.

Thanks for all the help!
« Last post by Remzi on November 13, 2022, 07:42:46 PM »
It is either record head is dirty/worn out or azimuth is way off.

You need to calibrate your datasette with an original copy game.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10